Full coverage of IPL 2020, the Indian Premier League Season 13 in 2020 with live scores, latest news, pictures, videos, Schedule, Fixtures and Results, and Ball by ball commentary with IPL squads and venues. The IPL 2020 is set to see 8 major teams in the 13th season.
IPL Time Table (By Date)
|Match, Date, Timing & Venue|
| 1st T20 | 19th September
Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings19:30 IST (14:00 GMT), 18:00 LOCAL
Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
| 2nd T20 | 20th September
Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab19:30 IST (14:00 GMT), 18:00 LOCAL
Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
| 3rd T20 | 21st September
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Banglore19:30 IST (14:00 GMT), 18:00 LOCAL
Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
IPL Points Table / Standings
13th Edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020
The 2020 season of the Indian Premier League, abbreviated as IPL 13 or Vivo IPL 2020, will be the 13th season of the IPL. Kings XI Punjab’s skipper Ravichandran Ashwin for months was rumoured to be transferred to Delhi Capitals before eventually being transferred in November. Ajinkya Rahane, Trent Boult and Mayank Markande got salary raise during pre-auction trades. The released players were announced on 15 November 2019.
Robin Uthappa, Yuvraj Singh and Chris Lynn were the prominent names among the released players. Jaydev Unadkat, the costliest Indian player in 2019 auction, was also released. There were a total of 12 transfers between teams during the 2020 transfer window.
The players auction for the 2020 season was held on 19 December 2019 in Kolkata. Pat Cummins was the most expensive player purchased by the Kolkata Knight Riders for ₹15.5 crore (US$2.2 million). The most expensive Indian player sold is Piyush Chawla for ₹6.75 crore (US$950,000) to Chennai Super Kings.
The tournament is scheduled to be played in April and May. The players auction for IPL 13 2020 was held on 19 December 2019.
About the IPL in India
The Indian Premier League is a T20 league that takes place every year in our country and players from other countries including India also participate in this league. Teams participating in this league of cricket represent Indian cities or states. Matches are played between these teams and in the end the team that wins the final takes the title.
The BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) announced the start of the Indian Premier League in 2007 and the league was started only a year after that announcement.
A few months after the announcement of this league, the franchises of the teams of this league were sold. In the auction they started to take the franchise of the team, those who had bid more, they got the franchise of the teams. In this way the teams of Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mohali and Mumbai got their owners.
There are a total of 8 teams participating in IPL.
|Chennai Super Kings||CSK Team, Schedule & Stats|
|Delhi Capitals||DC Team, Schedule & Stats|
|Kings XI Punjab||KXIP Team, Schedule & Stats|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||KKR Team, Schedule & Stats|
|Mumbai Indians||MI Team, Schedule & Stats|
|Rajasthan Royals||RR Team, Schedule & Stats|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||RCB Team, Schedule & Stats|
|Sunrisers Hyderabad||SRH Team, Schedule & Stats|
India’s popularity increased due to IPL
- Due to the success of the IPL, India’s identity has also increased further worldwide. Today, due to the IPL, India’s name is also counted in all the famous leagues happening in the sports world.
- Cricketers from all over the world want to be a part of this cricket league of India. Due to which India has become the most popular in the business for cricketers.
Advantage of IPL (Advantages of the IPL)
Promote new talent
Due to the IPL, the young players of India today are getting a chance to showcase their skills and at this time very capable young players of the country are able to play with the players of their country and other countries and learn a lot from them. These youngsters end up playing for the country too.
Economy of the country benefits
Due to the IPL, the country is getting many benefits as well, due to this the economy of the country is growing and people from other countries are coming to India to watch these sports, so that tourism of the country is also Getting a boost.
Stats that matter
- Mumbai Indians have the highest number of wins in IPL (107 wins) followed by Chennai Super Kings (100 wins) and Kolkata Knight Riders (92 wins).
- In 2012, Chris Gayle had scored the highest individual score of 173* runs against Pune Warriors India. He smashed bowlers all over the park and ended the team score to 263 which is also the highest team score in a T20 match.
- Virat Kohli and AB De Villiers shared the highest partnership of 229 runs against Gujarat Lions with both of them scoring a ton each.
- KL Rahul made the fastest fifty in IPL of just 14 balls. He scored that half ton against Delhi Capitals playing for Kings XI Punjab.
- Lasit Malinga is the leading wicket taker in IPL history. He has severed Mumbai Indians a lot and leads the bowling department of MI from front.
- Experienced bowler Amit Mishra who plays for Delhi Capitals has taken the most number of hat tricks in IPL history.
- Virat Kohli had scored 4 centuries in a single season and also ended up scoring the most runs (973) in a single IPL season but unfortunately couldn’t take the team to IPL victory. He is also the leading run scorer of all IPL seasons.
Controversy associated with the IPL (IPL Controversies)
- During the 2013 league, match fixing was done due to which two teams were banned and these teams were Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals. Apart from these teams, many players were also banned from participating in this league. However, the banned teams have returned to the league of 2018.
- In the year 2013, the owners of IPL franchise team Pune Warriors India (PWI) gave up their franchise. Because the fee for taking the franchise was not paid by the owners of this team.
- Lalit Modi’s biggest hand was behind starting the IPL and he used to be the President of IPL. But Modi was expelled from the IPL for his involvement in betting and money laundering and is currently living in another country.
Other information about IPL ( Interesting Facts About IPL )
- IPL matches are broadcast in about 18 countries around the world, while Hotstar holds the rights to broadcast IPL over the Internet.
- The duration of a player’s contract is one year, but the franchisee can extend his player’s contract for two years if he wishes.
- A team of IPL can have 18 to 25 players, out of which a team can have a maximum of 8 foreign players.
- Deccan Chargers, Gujarat Lions, Kochi Tuskers Kerala, Pune Warriors India and Rising Pune Supergiant used to be IPL teams at one time but now these teams are not part of IPL.
- The IPL Governing Council is responsible for all the functions of this tournament and the members of this council are Rajeev Shukla, Ajay Shirki, Sourav Ganguly, Anurag Thakur and Anirudh Chaudhary.
- No Pakistan players have the right to participate in the IPL. However, at the time when the IPL started, Pakistan had players in many teams at that time. But later players of this country were banned for taking them in the IPL.
When the IPL was started in our country, nobody expected this league to be so successful at that time. But this league has gradually become very famous all over the world including India and the future of this league is very promising.
Is IPL 2020 cancelled or postponed indefinitely?
No, IPL 2020 was postponed in April and then in May but it is now confirmed to take place in September - November 2020 in the UAE.
How many teams will participate in IPL 2020 this year?
A total of 8 teams including Mumbai Indians, Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Capitals, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Kolkata Knight Riders, Kings XI Punjab, Rajasthan Royals and Royal Challengers Bangalore will participate in IPL 2020 this year.
Where will IPL 2020 be hosted if India's COVID-19 is not under control?
IPL is being held in UAE this year in 2020 since India continues to see surge in the COVID-19 cases. UAE, however, has the pandemic under much control.
Are fans allowed on the ground during IPL in UAE?
No, all matches will be behind closed doors but fortunately the BCCI is working with UAE authorities to find ways to accommodate fans where possible.
When is IPL 2020 scheduled?
IPL 2020 is finally set to begin as early as September 19 with the final at November 8 in UAE. Please see IPL 2020 schedule page for complete details about venues and timing of all matches.