Full coverage of IPL 2021, the Indian Premier League Season 14 in 2021 with live scores, latest news, pictures, videos, Schedule, Fixtures and Results, and Ball by ball commentary with IPL squads and venues. The IPL 2021 is set to see 8 major teams in the 14th season.
IPL 2021 Time Table (By Date)
|Match, Date, Timing & Venue|
| 1st T20 | Apr 11|
TBC vs TBC8pm Local | Other times to be adde
| IPL Final | Jun 6|
TBC vs TBC8pm Local | Other times to be added
14th Edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021
The 2021 season of the Indian Premier League, abbreviated as IPL 14 or Vivo IPL 2021, will be the 14th season of the IPL. This year league will return back to India since the previous year tournament was played in the UAE. Initially it was announced that the IPL will have 2 more teams in addition to the current 8 teams but the inclusion has been postponed until 2022 edition.
The IPL 2021 auction list has a total of 292 players (out of 1114 players overall) from which franchises will get their picks from. Overseas players including Glenn Maxwell, Steve Smith, Shakib Al Hasan, Moeen Ali, Sam Billings, Liam Plunkett, Jason Roy, and Mark Wood are poised for the highest bracket during the auction.
The tournament is scheduled to be played in April and June. The players auction for IPL 14 2021 has already been confirmed on February 18 in Chennai.
India Premier League 2021 Overview
|India Premier League|
|IPL Dates||April 11 – June 6 2021|
|Total Matches||60+ (including playoffs and finals)|
|Tournament Format||Double round robin and playoffs|
|Host / Venues||India / Multiple Stadiums|
|IPL Teams||Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Capitals, Kings XI Punjab, Kolkata Knight Riders, Mumbai Indians, Rajasthan Royals, Royal Challengers Bangalore and Sunrisers Hyderabad|
|Schedule & Time Table||IPL 2021 Schedule|
|Standings||IPL 2021 Points Table|
|Live Scores||IPL Live Score|
IPL Teams and Squads in 2021
The Indian Premier League will continue to see 8 teams this year as well. The two additional teams will now be included in the 2022 edition of the IPL.
2021 Chennai Super Kings Squads & Players
Here’s the 2021 CSK Squad (Final List):
MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, N Jagadeesan, Faf Du Plessis, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Sam Curran, Ravi Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Mitchell Santner, Josh Hazlewood, Shardul Thakur, Karn Sharma, KM Asif, Imran Tahir, R Sai Kishore, Deepak Chahar, Lungi Ngidi, Robin Uthappa (Traded in), Moeen Ali, Krishnappa Gowtham, Harisankar Reddy, Bhagvath Varma and Cheteshwar Pujara
2021 Delhi Capitals Squads & Players
Here’s the 2021 DD Squad (Final List):
Shreyas Iyer, Ajinkya Rahane, Amit Mishra, Avesh Khan, Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, Ishant Sharma, Kagiso Rabada, Prithvi Shaw, R Ashwin, Rishabh Pant, Shikhar Dhawan, Shimron Hetmyer, Marcus Stoinis, Lalit Yadav, Anrich Nortje, Daniel Sams, Pravin Dubey, Chris Woakes, Steve Smith, Umesh Yadav, Ripal Patel, Manimaran Siddharth, Lukman Meriwala, Umesh Yadav, Tom Curran, Vishnu Vinod, Tom Curran
2021 Kolkata Knight Riders Squads & Players
Here’s the 2021 KKR Squad (Final Squad):
Eoin Morgan, Dinesh Karthik, Nitish Rana, Shubman Gill, Rinku Singh, Rahul Tripathi, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Kuldeep Yadav, Lockie Ferguson, Pat Cummins, Prasidh Krishna, Sandeep Warrier, Shivam Mavi, Varun Chakaravarthy, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Tim Seifert, Shakib Al Hasan, Sheldon Jackson, Harbhajan Singh, Ben Cutting, Karun Nair, Pawan Negi, Venkatesh Iyer, Vaibhav Arora
2021 Mumbai Indians Squads & Players
Here’s the 2021 MI Squad (Final List):
Rohit Sharma, Ishan Kishan, Suryakumar Yadav, Quinton de Kock, Anmolpreet Singh, Aditya Tare, Chris Lynn, Saurabh Tiwary, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Kieron Pollard, Jayant Yadav, Trent Boult, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohsin Khan, Rahul Chahar, Anukul Roy, Adam Milne, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Piyush Chawla, James Neesham, Yudhvir Chahak, Marco Jansen, Arjun Tendulkar
2021 Punjab Kings Squads & Players
Here’s the 2021 PBKS Squad (Final List):
KL Rahul, Arshdeep Singh, Chris Gayle, Darshan Nalkande, Harpreet Brar, Mandeep Singh, Mayank Agarwal, Mohd. Shami, M Ashwin, Nicholas Pooran, Sarfaraz Khan, Deepak Hooda, Ishan Porel, Ravi Bishnoi, Chris Jordan, Prabhsimran Singh, Dawid Malan, Jhye Richardson, Shahrukh Khan, Fabian Allen, Jalaj Saxena, Moises Henriques, Saurav Kumar
2021 Rajasthan Royals Squads & Players
Here’s the 2021 RR Squad (Final Squad):
Sanju Samson, Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer, Jos Buttler, Riyan Parag, Shreyas Gopal, Rahul Tewatia, Mahipal Lomror, Kartik Tyagi, Andrew Tye, Jaydev Unadkat, Mayank Markande, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Anuj Rawat, David Miller, Manan Vohra, Shivam Dube, Chris Morris, Mustafizur Rahman, Chetan Sakariya, KC Cariappa, Akash Singh, Kuldip Yadav, Liam Livingstone
2021 Royal Challengers Bangalore Squads & Players
Here’s the 2021 RCB Squad (Final Squad):
Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers, Yuzvendra Chahal, Devdutt Padikkal, Harshal Patel, Daniels Sams, Washington Sundar, Mohammed Siraj, Navdeep Saini, Adam Zampa, Shahbaz Ahmed, Josh Philippe, Kane Richardson, Pavan Deshpande, Glenn Maxwell, Sachin Baby, Rajat Patidar, Mohammad Azharuddeen, Kyle Jamieson, KS Bharat, Suyash Prabhudessai, Dan Christian
2021 Sunrisers Hyderabad Squads & Players
Here’s the 2021 SRH Squad:
David Warner, Abhishek Sharma, Basil Thampi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jonny Bairstow, Kane Williamson, Manish Pandey, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Sandeep Sharma, Shahbaz Nadeem, Shreevats Goswami, Siddarth Kaul, Khaleel Ahmed, T Natarajan, Vijay Shankar, Wriddhiman Saha, Abdul Samad, Mitchell Marsh, Jason Holder, Priyam Garg, Virat Singh, Jagadeesha Sucith, Kedar Jadhav, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
8 Teams participating in IPL
|Chennai Super Kings||CSK Team, Schedule & Stats|
|Delhi Capitals||DC Team, Schedule & Stats|
|Punjab Kings||PBKS Team, Schedule & Stats|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||KKR Team, Schedule & Stats|
|Mumbai Indians||MI Team, Schedule & Stats|
|Rajasthan Royals||RR Team, Schedule & Stats|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||RCB Team, Schedule & Stats|
|Sunrisers Hyderabad||SRH Team, Schedule & Stats|
|Team 9||To be included in 2022|
|Team 10||To be included in 2022|
IPL 2021 Matches Upcoming Live Score
|Chennai Super Kings Live Score in IPL 2021|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||CSK vs DC|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||CSK vs PBKS|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||CSK vs KKR|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||CSK vs MI|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||CSK vs RR|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||CSK vs RCB|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||CSK vs SRH|
|Delhi Capitals Live Score in IPL 2021|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||DC vs PBKS|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||DC vs KKR|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||DC vs MI|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||DC vs RR|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||DC vs RCB|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||DC vs SRH|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||DC vs CSK|
|Punjab Kings Live Score in IPL 2021|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||PBKS vs CSK|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||PBKS vs DC|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||PBKS vs KKR|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||PBKS vs MI|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||PBKS vs RR|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||PBKS vs RCB|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||PBKS vs SRH|
|Kolkata Knight Riders Live Score in IPL 2021|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||KKR vs CSK|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||KKR vs DC|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||KKR vs PBKS|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||KKR vs MI|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||KKR vs RR|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||KKR vs RCB|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||KKR vs SRH|
|Mumbai Indians Live Score in IPL 2021|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||MI vs CSK|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||MI vs DC|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||MI vs PBKS|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||MI vs KKR|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||MI vs RR|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||MI vs RCB|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||MI vs SRH|
|Rajasthan Royals Live Score in IPL 2021|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||RR vs CSK|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||RR vs DC|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||RR vs PBKS|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||RR vs KKR|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||RR vs MI|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||RR vs RCB|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||RR vs SRH|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore Live Score in IPL 2021|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||RCB vs CSK|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||RCB vs DC|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||RCB vs PBKS|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||RCB vs KKR|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||RCB vs MI|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||RCB vs RR|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||RCB vs SRH|
|Sunrisers Hyderabad Live Score in IPL 2021|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||SRH vs CSK|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||SRH vs DC|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||SRH vs PBKS|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||SRH vs KKR|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||SRH vs MI|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||SRH vs RR|
|Apr 11 / Jun 6||SRH vs RCB|
About the IPL in India
The Indian Premier League is a T20 league that takes place every year in our country and players from other countries including India also participate in this league. Teams participating in this league of cricket represent Indian cities or states. Matches are played between these teams and in the end the team that wins the final takes the title.
The BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) announced the start of the Indian Premier League in 2007 and the league was started only a year after that announcement.
A few months after the announcement of this league, the franchises of the teams of this league were sold. In the auction they started to take the franchise of the team, those who had bid more, they got the franchise of the teams. In this way the teams of Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mohali and Mumbai got their owners.
India’s popularity increased due to IPL
- Due to the success of the IPL, India’s identity has also increased further worldwide. Today, due to the IPL, India’s name is also counted in all the famous leagues happening in the sports world.
- Cricketers from all over the world want to be a part of this cricket league of India. Due to which India has become the most popular in the business for cricketers.
Why the IPL proved best for India?
Promote new talent
Due to the IPL, the young players of India today are getting a chance to showcase their skills and at this time very capable young players of the country are able to play with the players of their country and other countries and learn a lot from them. These youngsters end up playing for the country too.
Economy of the country benefits
Due to the IPL, the country is getting many benefits as well, due to this the economy of the country is growing and people from other countries are coming to India to watch these sports, so that tourism of the country is also Getting a boost.
Stats that matter
- Mumbai Indians have the highest number of wins in IPL (107 wins) followed by Chennai Super Kings (100 wins) and Kolkata Knight Riders (92 wins).
- In 2012, Chris Gayle had scored the highest individual score of 173* runs against Pune Warriors India. He smashed bowlers all over the park and ended the team score to 263 which is also the highest team score in a T20 match.
- Virat Kohli and AB De Villiers shared the highest partnership of 229 runs against Gujarat Lions with both of them scoring a ton each.
- KL Rahul made the fastest fifty in IPL of just 14 balls. He scored that half ton against Delhi Capitals playing for Kings XI Punjab.
- Lasit Malinga is the leading wicket taker in IPL history. He has severed Mumbai Indians a lot and leads the bowling department of MI from front.
- Experienced bowler Amit Mishra who plays for Delhi Capitals has taken the most number of hat tricks in IPL history.
- Virat Kohli had scored 4 centuries in a single season and also ended up scoring the most runs (973) in a single IPL season but unfortunately couldn’t take the team to IPL victory. He is also the leading run scorer of all IPL seasons.
Controversy associated with the IPL
- During the 2013 league, match fixing was done due to which two teams were banned and these teams were Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals. Apart from these teams, many players were also banned from participating in this league. However, the banned teams have returned to the league of 2018.
- In the year 2013, the owners of IPL franchise team Pune Warriors India (PWI) gave up their franchise. Because the fee for taking the franchise was not paid by the owners of this team.
- Lalit Modi’s biggest hand was behind starting the IPL and he used to be the President of IPL. But Modi was expelled from the IPL for his involvement in betting and money laundering and is currently living in another country.
Interesting Facts About the IPL
- IPL matches are broadcast in about 18 countries around the world, while Hotstar holds the rights to broadcast IPL over the Internet.
- The duration of a player’s contract is one year, but the franchisee can extend his player’s contract for two years if he wishes.
- A team of IPL can have 18 to 25 players, out of which a team can have a maximum of 8 foreign players.
- Deccan Chargers, Gujarat Lions, Kochi Tuskers Kerala, Pune Warriors India and Rising Pune Supergiant used to be IPL teams at one time but now these teams are not part of IPL.
- The IPL Governing Council is responsible for all the functions of this tournament and the members of this council are Rajeev Shukla, Ajay Shirki, Sourav Ganguly, Anurag Thakur and Anirudh Chaudhary.
- No Pakistan players have the right to participate in the IPL. However, at the time when the IPL started, Pakistan had players in many teams at that time. But later players of this country were banned for taking them in the IPL.
When the IPL was started in our country, nobody expected this league to be so successful at that time. But this league has gradually become very famous all over the world including India and the future of this league is very promising.
2021 IPL Major Highlights
- The IPL 2021 auction is now completed with all teams making new additions. Chris Morris (16.25 Cr), Kyle Jamieson (15 Cr), Glenn Maxwell (14.25 Cr), Jhye Richardson (14 Cr) and Krishnappa Gowtham (9.25 Cr) are top five buys. Here is full auction list.
- Total of 292 cricketers will be auctioned during the IPL 2021 auction in Chennai on February 18.
- A total of 164 Indian players, 128 overseas players are up for grabs in the 2021 auction.
- Rs 2 crore is the highest reserve price during the auction this year.
- 10 players (2 Indian and 8 overseas) are in the highest bracket. As many as 12 players are in the auction list with a base price of INR 1.5 crore. while 11 players are in the base price of INR 1 crore.
- 8 teams will continue to participate this year. BCCI confirms that the two additional teams will now be included in the 2022 season making it a total of 10 teams in IPL.
- Major reshuffle in teams has been done as most teams release 8+ players ahead of the IPL 2021 Auction. Punjab Kings have released 9 players, Mumbai Indians 7, Rajasthan Royals 8 and Royal Challengers have released 10 players ahead of IPL 2021.
When will IPL 2021 begin?
Our sources at the BCCI have confirmed that IPL in 2021 will be hosted in India. Anticipated dates for the league is April 11 and June 6 2021.
Is IPL adding 2 new teams this year?
The decision to include 2 more teams in the IPL has been postponed till next year. Now IPL will see the inclusion of two new teams in IPL in 2022.
How many teams will participate in IPL 2021 this year?
A total of 8 teams are participating in the 2021 IPL tournament. Earlier, BCCI decided to include 2 additional teams and make it 10-teams league but now they have confirmed that the inclusion of two new teams will be finalized for the 2022 IPL. Current 8 teams participating this year include Mumbai Indians, Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Capitals, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Kolkata Knight Riders, Kings XI Punjab, Rajasthan Royals and Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Is IPL 2021 hosted in India?
Yes, this year IPL in 2021 will be fully hosted in India across various venues. Full details are available at the IPL time table page here.
Are fans allowed on the ground during IPL 2021?
Yes, crowd will be allowed with limited capacity at various venues depending on the severity of the situation. More details will be available through BCCI as the league dates approach.
When is IPL 2021 scheduled?
IPL 2021 is scheduled to begin as early as April 11 with the final at June 6 in India. Please see IPL 2021 schedule page for complete details about venues and timing of all matches.